At A Better Pet, LLC, we offer training and products which enhance the human-animal bond.
- We provide training for people and their pet or working dogs, individually and in groups.
- All services begin with the introduction of The Six Pillars of Dog Training Wisdom which helps owners develop a better relationship with their dog using positive, non-force-based methods.
- Our mission is to teach you how to become the Benevolent Leader who can teach your dog what to do, in a way that makes the dog want to do it.
- Our other services include service dog training, board & train (including puppy raising), temperament testing, rescue/rehoming services and even cat training.
- We also make and sell the patented Har-Vest®, a 3-in-1 backpack for dogs.
- In A Better Pet’s store, we sell only things we use ourselves: Har-Vest®, Euroleashes, Martingale collars and Life’s Abundance pet food.
Meet The New Kid
Fall is in the air. Summer vacations for most are already over. Schools are back in session. It seems there’s an extraordinary amount of scary stuff going on — fires, floods, hurricanes, war trauma, pandemic chaos, those same schools in session maybe having to readjust, 20th anniversary of 9/11 just ahead — to name a few. There’s a definite different slanting to the sun. But for me, there is a consistency, a pattern. This time of year, beginning part of fall — September and October — is my personal favorite. Especially for puppy raising.
My youngest daughter officially moved out and away almost two weeks ago. I admit I settled pretty quickly into empty nesting, knowing all 3 daughters are just where they should be and doing amazing, extraordinary, adulting sorts of things. I felt confident I could direct even more of my energy towards my passion, the work I do helping people partner with dogs and then teaching them how to carry on to get their mojo, either for the first time, or back, and look forward to adventures with unconditional love and support alongside. So I needed a new project!
Somewhat impulsively, but not surprising to those who know me well, I acquired Cosette, an 11 week old Springerdoodle — in her case an English Springer Spaniel mom (Paris) and a Blue Merle Standard Poodle (Boone) cross. She is adjusting into a whole new world. She’s being inundated with lots of new experiences. The Dogs of A Better Pet – Franny, Shamrock and Pinto – independently and under my direction, model what she needs to learn at home and in yard before she expands her social settings. (more…)